As you may already know, we are under a level 2 evacuation notice because of the Eagle Creek Fire. It’s been over a week now and the fire continue to gets closer. (Level 3 means it’s time to go). We are optimistic that the firefighters will get it under control well before it reaches us. We are very grateful to have all the firefighters from all over the state in our area.
Today, smoke was really bad as it settles down on us in the our little valley. Our main concern is the farm animals that have to live outside. The Goats, chickens ducks and geese don’t have an option to go inside to get a breath of fresh air. Maybe we’ll move them to a better location soon. Friends have offered to keep them if we get evacuated.
The plants seem to be doing OK. There’s a layer of ash on them and I’m sure they don’t like the smoke either. Rain is forecasted for Monday, so let’s hope that will put a damper on the fire and we can get back to normal.
Update: Rains came today (9.18) and the danger is over. Thank you firefighters and mother nature!